About Flora

My photo
Hello everyone, Flora Keegan is my pen name. I also write under my real name of Suzi Williams. For many years I wrote for a independent music magazine interviewing musicians and reviewing new releases. I'm currently writing a comedy novel set in the 1980's and I have an exciting plot for a romantic novel. I also enjoy writing for radio and television. I have completed a pilot episode of a sitcom suitable radio. My other interests (when I'm not writing) include CGI Art. I created the dragon featured on my blog. I also paint landscapes in water colours.

Monday 18 April 2011

Write and Wrong.

I generally write in long hand and then transfer my work to the computer once or twice a week.

There are day's when idea's develop in abundance, and then of course irritating day's, when I feel like the children from 'The Village of the Damned' staring at a brick wall. When this happens I do something completely different, like relaxing with a good book, or I watch a favourite movie. You cannot force inspiration, at least I can't.

Generally I like to keep a note book by the bed, and I carry a small one in my handbag just in case I come up with something quirky or interesting. If I don't use it immediately I keep it for future reference. Nothing should ever be discarded because it might be the seed of a new novel or script.

No comments:

Post a Comment